Monday, January 22, 2007

Whats this in the bag? A human head! No just my ideas.

I think as far as fate and free will is concerned that we create a "collective fate." This can be shown as the principle of balls on a pool table. All the balls are destined for a pocket but which one depends on how the balls interact with each other. On a daily basis we are all "bouncing off" each other. This creates a random effect that will ultimately guide our fates as a collective. So a pool ball by itself on the table will go nowhere; in the same way we go nowhere with our own choices. If there was no one there from your birth or ever after would we be who we are now. I think the answer is no. We would have no direction as a true individual. Even in todays society even the loners are not alone since the internet brings loners together. It is impossible to be a true individual. A good example is "I am trying to be a non-conformist." If you hear that you've got a conformist. The "conformist" idea is now a movement as people all over the U.S. try to not "conform" all together.

3 comments:

JP said...

This is really interesting!! I never thought about like that!!

Athari8178 said...

You have a very good point and you develop and prove your point very well. I am impressed with how much thought you have put into this. But I must ask you, are the balls all destined for a pocket, or is it the players' free will that decides that? But I'm not here to poke holes in your idea, I'm here to comment on your writing. You state your big idea, pick a very good example to prove it, and explain that idea to prove your point. But for a "rotund" paragraph of this nature, it seems pointless to add another example. But, since you did, it is a shame that you seem to lose focus of the main idea. The second example should have some clearer message that ties it back to your main theme. Good job, nonetheless, and I'm glad that your thoughts are making people think.

Charles Lartey said...

I really how you used pool balls as your example. Did you think of that yourself? That was a great example to use in proving your point.